Monday, October 20, 2008

Project No. 2

My process tends to be whatever I feel like. Some days I just want to do nothing but create create create! These were my exact feelings while I worked on this second project incorporating greyscale and two colors. I must have gone through three quarters of a notepad, just painting and sketching. Some of it nonsensical, others with form, and still others just plain ugly. This is my room while I was working, pieces of paper with ink and paint, all strewn about haphazardly. Welcome to my world.


















Three pieces stood out a little bit from the pile that were all occupying my bedroom floor, so I picked them up and took them to class. The first couple were more calculated, but the last one was just a breeze and so fun to do. The brushstrokes took a lot of concentration but the satisfaction of making such great, smooth strokes just felt amazing. Just ink, a brush and some paper. I could go wild. I did actually and I ended up making this obscure image of a fallen trapeze artist. I didn't turn this one in but I have fun looking at it. There is some sort of flame breathing beast waiting at the bottom for her.











No comments: