Monday, October 20, 2008

Project No. 1

Having started this class a day late, I had to jump right in and do two assignments in one go. The result was alright in the end. I haven't done anything art/design related for the entire summer and so it has been a little hard for me to get into the mindset. During my first, sort of "warm up" attempts. I ended up wasting a lot of paper and eventually just went back to drawing small thumbnail sketches.

Normally I do a lot of my work on a computer so for this project I decided to do it all by hand. I wanted to free myself from the cold, hard, constrains of computer aided design. This is what I came up with.














The first one feels tired to me. Luke said the word "forced." I agree. It was the first I worked on and I wasn't sure what to do, so it was definitely a bit forced.














This one was more a thought about two objects interacting in a space. It reminds me of Nike for some reason.



















This piece is my favourite out of the three, it is more free and has a nice sort of variation. The strokes feel unruly, like pieces of shorn hair on the floor of a barber shop.

No comments: